Buggy Extension Behavior. At a Roadblock. Help!

Hi there! I have a premium Canvas license, but am currently unable to make any progress because of some buggy behavior with the extension that is preventing me from adding blocks to a page. It seems to be occurring on all pages. I’ve refreshed my tabs, restarted Chrome, uninstalled and reinstalled the extension and nothing seems to work. Third-party cookies are enabled, and I’m not receiving any error messages.

I’ve submitted a bug report but wanted to post here as well, in case someone can help me. (Waiting two days for a response to a bug that renders Canvas unusable is not acceptable as a paying customer, I’d add.) Looking forward to (hopefully) getting some help. Thank you!

Tagging @chris here since he’s been a great help in the past.

1 Like

Hi @ts1, Thank you so much for your message, and we’re so sorry about the issue with the extension. Thank you for recording that video as well; that is very helpful!

We are investigating a fix right now and will post an update as soon as possible. Thank you so much again!

1 Like

Hi @faye. Thank you so much for the quick follow-up! Stephanie, from Support, reached out and was able to fix whatever was causing the bug. All is well now. Thank you for the prompt help. You guys rock :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! So glad to hear, and no problem at all! :slight_smile: Thank you again, @ts1!