Canvas Marketing Pages Run Javascript issue

Hi

My use case is that on specific button clicks from a marketing page, I need to log certain analytics events.

I used Can a Canvas Page Button trigger a Bubble Popup? - #6 by eduard as a starting point and have got the following steps implemented

1. A Javascript to bubble element (toolbox plugin) that takes a text as the value. This has the suffix as ‘action’

2. The corresponding workflow logs the analytics event and then calls a navigate to external page action

3. in the canvas builder for the corresponding page, I put bubble_fn_action('internship') where internship is the cta i log for analytics and also use this argument to decide the navigation target in step 1

however when I click the page simply reloads. upon inspecting the corresponding cta button using dev tools, the element has been assigned an href=<page url> which shouldn’t happen?

Help? What additional inputs should I provide to help debug this

Huh. Apparently the link not being a function call only happens on development versions (with version-test/ in the url) The live version works ok

Is this intentional? Wouldn’t this impact ability to test the javascript workflow in dev versions?

Hello, could you please send a DM with a link to the page and share the app with dev@airdev.co?

This isn’t the behavior that I’d expect to see.

The first thing I’d check is whether the marketing page in the app DB is the same in version-test and version-live. It’s possible for the page in the live DB to be updated but for it not to be updated in the test DB.

2 Likes