CanvasTags 'Center' Alignment not working

Hi,

Just wanted to point out a bug (that affects functionality we’d like to use) on the CanvasTags, which I believe is part of the Canvas UI Elements plugin.

The very first setting on the element is “Alignment”, and I’m trying to set this to “Center”, but the tags are staying left-aligned. However, the “Right” setting does indeed right-align the tags, so not sure why Center is not working:

Left:
Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 1.31.00 PM

Center:
Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 1.31.59 PM

Right:
Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 1.32.31 PM

Centered Settings:

Please let me know if there’s anything I’m doing wrong, or other wise if a plugin update / bug fix can be issued. Thanks!

If you updated the plugin and the issue continues please contact support support@airdev.co

Hi Josh,

Thanks for flagging this!

The Center alignment is incompatible with the Scroll Horizontally flow by the very nature of the flow, in which the tags are aligned to the left or right and then the user can scroll to see them all.

Also the Bubble plugin building interface does not allow us to show different values conditionally in the element dropdowns, so you can select Center and Scroll Horizontally, but the tags will always be aligned to the left (by default) or to the right (if selected in the dropdown) in that flow.

To center tags, please use the ‘Wrap to next line’ flow.

I hope I have clarified how it works!

Best,

1 Like