Header personalization

Hi,

I would like to change the position of some elements of the header in order to have a few on the left and the rest on the right, where they use to be, instead of having everything on the right. Is it something doable?

Hello @Theodore

Yes it is indeed possible. :smiley:

This video should walk you through how to set things up:

Hi @cmarchan,

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry but it doesn’t seem to walk through how to set it actually.

Maybe I didn’t explain myself right. Maybe a screenshot would explain it better.

As you can see, there are three links on the left, next to the logo and there is a link on the opposite right. That’s what I am looking to achieve.

Thank you!

Hello @Theodore

The video is very detailed. I am not sure why it would not help unless you are running a template version that does not use the latest header featured on the video.

What template version number are you using? (you can see it on the admin portal page on the left nav bar at the bottom)

Hi @cmarchan,

The version is 3.7.2.

I don’t see anywhere in the video where you can change the position of these links (I am not talking about the order).

Thanks.

Hi @Theodore

My vote would be to rename them as needed.

If 231 is not what you want then rename them to 123 :smiley:

Hi @cmarchan,

I am sorry but I don’t understand your solution.

Hello @Theodore

The overall position of links or buttons is towards the right.

Within the right area … the buttons or links can be renamed as needed.

Hi @cmarchan,

Yes, it’s towards the right and that’s what I would like to change. It was never an issue with renaming.

Thanks.

Hello @Theodore

The current implementation of the html header does not have a way to do this without custom modifications to the html code itself.

Best course of action would be to use an alternate header that allows non-html modifications in the actual element itself (not via the admin page). This header is a reusable element called system_header_backup_bubble.

Hi @cmarchan,

Thank you very much!

Can you please let me know where I can find the html code?

Hello @Theodore

The code is available in an element called html element in the header.

Please beware that it is not only about a placement setting within it. It has ramifications on other functionality.

1 Like

Hi @cmarchan,

Thank you!

1 Like