M2 Product Hunt Clone . Help needed

Bootcamp module:
M2 Product Hunt Clone
Content question:
Hi AirDev! I am now trying to set up the filter conditions in the Product View repeating group as I have 2 different ones (Product name, and Product tags). I’ve struggled with getting the Multi Dropdown Input = (Product Tags) to pass into the Product View List Repeating Group. I have the Product Tag thing as a list of Tag Options since Tags are Option sets. I tried with Search for Product: filtered – Advanced, and normal search but it’s not working bc it should be a “Tag Options” and now is a list of tag options!

Please help, I would appreciate any help from my fellow devs

Thanks and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Hey Dafne! Nice to meet you!

The issue is that the “contain” operator refers to only one thing. And the multidropdown value is a list of things. You should better use the “intersection” operator for that.

1 Like

Hi Diego!
Thanks for the reply, I actually gave that a thought, unfortunately, “contains” is the only logical solution I could find in the options available (please see screenshot attached).

Does it make sense to change “Product Tags” to be the type “my options set” instead of a list of my options set? It just doesn’t make sense to me

Thanks!

Hey @dafne.sinopoli , try Using the “filtered” option for the search expression. And then use an advanced filter to perform the intersection

1 Like

Hi @diego.matheu thank you again for the reply and help.

Is this what you meant with your recommendation?

Thanks!

Try this out: "this product tags intersect with multidropdown’s value count>0. and check “ignore empty constraints”

It worked! awesome!! many many thanks!

For anyone also having this challenge, here is the view of the solution proposed. It also worked best when having it in the workflow – display list in Repeating group

1 Like

:wink: One suggestion @dafne.sinopoli : if a constraint can be set inside the search (as a regular constraint), avoid putting it into the advanced filter. Why? because filtering takes place in the frontend (users device), and the constraint takes place in the server, and in terms of performance is much better. We normally try to avoid filtering as much as possible, and use search constraints to build faster and more scalable search expressions

Many thanks! Very much appreciated, but funny thing is that I tried it and now my Seach by Name (a normal text input search) is not working and only the one with Advance is :rofl: