Pass URL Parameters in Header/Foot Navigation Links

On my canvas app I am missing the option to “Run Bubble Action” as shown here:
Canvas Header Tutorial

Here is what I see:

How do I resolve this so my Header Navigation Links can include URL parameters ?

Hello @devin

Could you please share a screenshot that indicates where this is opened from?

And if you can also share your Canvas template version number (you can find it in the website or app settings entry in the database under the field “template version”)

Template verison: 3.5.1

This was opened from the same place as demonstrated in the linked video: video

Admin Portal → Setup → Header/Footer → + Add header link

Hello @devin

Thank you.

Version 3.5.1 which dates back to June 2021 does not have the “Run Bubble Action” functionality nor the ability to send url parameters.

Please review this post:

This seems like a pretty important feature to leave out of the base template. How could I go about introducing this behavior to a previously created application? Is there any way to upgrade my app to the newest version?

Hi @devin !

Features to the template are added as they are developed. It was not left out. It did not exist at the time.

As for upgrading an app to a template unfortunately this is not how things work. One can think of Canvas as a set of Bubble programming that gets added as a template when a new Bubble app is created. This is the only point in time in which this can be done. After that everything added to a Bubble app is done by manually building it (data base, flows, UI, adding plugins, and other aspects of building functionality with Bubble).

One way to build this type of functionality inside of Bubble would be to use a non-html header. In other words using a Bubble-built header. The latest versions of the template have a Bubble header that is there as a a backup for these types of use cases where added functionality is needed.

It is called “:gear: system_header_backup_bubble”. You could create a free Bubble app, install the free Canvas template (which is always the latest version) and copy paste this reusable element into your application.