Recreating Signup/Login page from reusable

Greetings.

I am creating a signup/login page from the signup/login reusable and have some issues with the password check and password reveal not firing despite the criteria being met.

The reusable works but not for my current purpose and therefore I adapt some of its elements to fit the needed in a new signup/login page. Below is the actual reusable signup/login element checking the criteria for a valid password.
Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 1.30.58 PM

Here I attempt the password criteria check but face the issue below:

Additionally the password reveal doesn’t seem to fire as it does on the actual signup/login reusable as found below:
Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 12.04.40 PM

Here is the issue faced in the adaptation:
Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 12.06.49 PM

Here is also an error I find while debugging:

Finally, I reduced the issues in the development to 1:
Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 12.08.22 PM

Other details: I copied over the following elements and variable(s) to the new signup/login adaptation:

• :gear: system_password_check
  • :gear: system_password_reveal
  • livetext password check
  • var - :gear: bubble password is valid (bubble check)?

Also the workflows as shown below:

Any insight towards a solution is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello @ibuomi.abibo

What kind of change is being applied to how things work by default?

Hi @cmarchan. I’m adding a multi-step + advanced form popup to simplify the signup/registration process for other data aside from user. In this case, it applies to venues, operating hours and offers and has the option of skipping ahead only for user sign up. I shall also apply the login portion to this page.

The sign user up is triggered at some step in the popup using data entered on the signup element.

Essentially, the components that do not seem to trigger successfully are the system_password_check (to verify the password meeting the password criteria) and system_password_reveal (allowing the user to see what password is being input to aid in entering password correctly).

Thank you @ibuomi.abibo

Two more questions:

1. Are you using your app’s version signup/login reusable?
  2. Are you trying to change the password criteria logic?

Awesome.

1. Yes (components/elements from it)
  2. No

Thanks!

1. Are you cloning this reusable or are you using the existing one?

I am using elements from the existing reusable to adapt into a new signup/login page. Not all elements from the signup/login reusable would be applied so I applied the ones I considered.

I see.

May I suggest that you clone the default one and re-build it to your liking? Just make sure that step by step things are working.

1 Like

Excellent suggestion. I was able to render it per the new responsiveness. Thanks!

1 Like