[Resolved][Bubble bug] New apps created from the Canvas Base Template has an empty database (Apr 6 - Apr 9)

Hi all,

Bubble recently pushed an update that introduced a bug to the template store. Specifically, when you create an app from a template, Bubble would fail to copy the template’s database to your app.

We are aware of this issue and we’re also actively working with Bubble to resolve it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I would recommend users to hold off on creating a new app with our Base Template and wait for Bubble to push a fix for the bug. I will post here if I have any updates from the Bubble team. Thank you for your patience!

For users who have created an app already and find that the database is empty:
Unfortunately, there isn’t currently an easy way to import the template’s database to your app. You would have to create a new app with the template.

April 12th Update
Users are now able to create a new app from the Base Template and it should include the full database.

Hi Stephanie,

Any updates yet?

Thx,
Wais

Hello Wais,

This issue is not yet resolved.

EDIT:
Currently, we are no longer taking requests to create new apps for users. We’re waiting on Bubble to push a fix soon.

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Thx for your reply. I would appreciate a copy of the canvas app!
I just can’t seem to find the DM function on this forum to send you a DM.

Can you help?

Kind regards,
Wais

1 Like

Thanks Wais. I just sent a DM - clicking on a user’s profile picture should show a group that allows you to send a message.

Note to all:
Currently, we are no longer taking requests to create new apps for users. We’re waiting on Bubble to push a fix soon.

Quick update here: this is not yet resolved for the Base template. The issue seems to have been resolved in other Bubble apps but not ours.

To know whether your app has this issue, you can navigate to the Data tab > App Data subtab, and try to look at the Website data table. This is the error popup we see:
Screenshot from 2021-04-09 12-12-36

Thank you for your patience.
Chris

Another update:

Over the weekend, Bubble pushed an update that seems to have fixed this issue.

If anyone encounters any other bugs related to this one, please reach out in this thread or to support@airdev.co.

Thank you!

2 Likes