Search page perform search

Hello to all !

I’m trying to build a search page with the “perform search” workflow, but I don’t understand how it works, i read the documentation many times but I can’t find how to make the results of the search appear in a repeating group … (I’m not familiar with the “key__=_____” feature :sweat_smile:

If someone has the key :slight_smile:
Thx a lot

I’ve recently implemented this with Search & Autocorrect Plugin There are links for the demo in the comments. Don’t be put off by the unmaintained disclaimer, it’s a good plugin to get things implemented quickly. You can always look at things again if you need to. Also takes care of ‘fuzzy’ searches like capitalization mismatches etc

1 Like

Hi,

I was speaking about the search template page in Canvas sorry not the search & Autocorrect plugin :slight_smile:

Hi @johann.ouaki :slight_smile: The main purpose of the “perform search” workflow is to adjust the parameters in the URL so that it contains the filters that the user has selected or entered. With that setup, a list of filtered results can be shared through these links that contain the filters in the URL (similar to sharing a specific list of results on Airbnb).

With that setup/method, each time the user adjusts the search filters, the go to page action is run, and the URL will adjust and include the filter values that the user just entered in the URL as shown in these screenshots:

Perform Search Custom Event, and Go to Page action

Preview Example (without filters)

Preview Example (with a keyword filter on the page and reflected in the URL)

Most of these workflows are mainly to create these long URLs, and to serve as the ‘starting point’ to create a search page that can load with filters that are contained within the URL. However, the URL setup is not required in order to filter the repeating group itself.

To filter the repeating group, we can add constraints to the repeating group that utilize the values of the inputs in the left sidebar:

As the user updates the filters in the sidebar, the repeating group will automatically reflect the filtered results. If you’d like to add more filters, this is possible by first adding the UI for those filters, and then adding additional constraints to the repeating group which utilize those new input values.

*It is also important to make sure that “ignore empty constraints” is checked underneath the constraints, so that all results will display when no filters are selected. :slight_smile:

2 Likes