SEO Sharing Image

Hello

In the canvas “Default SEO/ Social Tags” it shows my desired social share image but when I actually share it, it is something different. Bubble also shows the desired image. When I use the sharing debugger, it says “The following required properties are missing: fb:app_id” and the Twitter card validator is unable to render the preview.

How do I fix this?

Hello!

What is the sharing debugger?

Something provided by Facebook to debug metadata

Hello @dnorton

There is a known bug for Canvas v3.7.0 to v3.8.0.

When an admin tries to update the default SEO tags under Branding > Default SEO / social tags, the popup opens with a marketing page set and the user is prompted to edit the tags of a blank page.

The solution

To resolve this issue we need to update an existing workflow.

Step 1

Open the ‘:gear: system_admin_options reusable’ reusable element in the Bubble editor.

Step 2

Go to the workflow tab and select the workflow 'When Group options content is clicked and var - :gear: user is admin (workflow level security)‘s yes/no is yes’.

Step 3

From the list of workflows, select the workflow step ‘Trigger edit metatags from admin_pages_menu empty’.

Step 4

Update the workflow thing to ‘admin_pages menu empty’s :gear: Marketing page’.

Step 5

Updating the app default SEO tags should now work under the Branding tab.

Hope this helps! :smiley:

Thank you but that wasn’t the issue.

The issue was I was I was updating the social share image in the development database not the live database. Although the Canvas looks the same it’s not.

1 Like